Friday, April 4, 2014

Bandcamp Artist of the Week: Matrioshka Brain

I really like Power Electronics/Avant Garde/Noise/whatever music but it's a crowded scene. Basically everyone who is into this music makes this music so there are countless hours of material out there. I spend a lot of time looking through soundclouds and bandcamp pages, blind buying tapes, and looking through the experimental section of the local record store to find music that speaks to me.

I've come to realize that what makes avant-garde music stick to me is the vibe behind it. If it is themed around the occult or  mental illness or just general creepiness I'm all over it. This release has plenty of negative vibes. It's droney, analog -sounding noise with  a picture of an angel statue. Rad.

http://matrioshkabrain.bandcamp.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment